Thursday, March 14, 2013

Meats and Eggs


As I watch these Cornish Rock chicks growing by leaps and bounds, I realize that I don't know how many of these little darlings to raise.  I would hate for someone to miss out on chickens, rabbits, ducks, turkeys or eggs because I didn't raise enough.  If you would like to pre-order meats and eggs, or give me an idea of how many birds you will need for your freezer, that would be great!  

I will happily accept deposits, which while helpful, are not strictly necessary unless you are pre-ordering a lot.  Deposit money will go toward critter feed and building tractors to keep them safe from predators out in the pasture.

Poultry is free ranged or tractored on pasture and fed fermented feed and garden goodies to maximize flavor and nutrition.  Rabbits are fed a high quality commercial pellet and garden goodies.  

Rabbits are available throughout the year.  Meat chickens will be available the beginning of May, and again in the fall.  Turkeys will be available in time for Thanksgiving.  Ducks will be available 8 weeks after I pick up some chicks, which I will do as soon as someone places an order.  Eggs are available throughout the year, although I will happily increase my flock if there is more demand for eggs than my girls can currently address.  

Rabbit - $4/lb
Chicken - $12 each
Turkey - $2.50/lb
Duck - price TBD
Eggs - 3/dozen

Thanks again for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment