Saturday, December 8, 2012

2013 CSA shares now available for purchase!



I am pleased to offer a limited number of CSA shares for the 2013 season.  The garden expansion is plowed, and I'm happily browsing seed catalogs and planning the spring garden.  

2013 CSA shares run from mid-May through mid-October, and can be picked up at the Defiance Farmers market on either Thursday or Saturday.   CSA members also enjoy a discount on all Wild Vitality services and remedies, in addition to early payment incentives.
  • Family Shares ~ 1 bushel/week ~ $600
  • Couple Shares ~ 2/3 bushel/week ~ $400
  • Single Shares ~ 1/3 bushel/week ~ $200
All vegetables and herbs are grown using organic standards, although I am not certified. I plan my garden to encourage pollinators and beneficial insects.  My preference is for heirloom vegetables, which I enjoy for their beauty and unbeatable flavor!

Share boxes will be lighter in the spring and heaviest during peak harvest in late summer.  Boxes will contain selections from 4 categories ~ classics, roots, leafies and herbs.  

If you sign up before I order my seeds, you have the opportunity to request any favorite heirloom varieties available through Seed Savers Exchange.  

By purchasing a CSA share for the 2013 season, you are directly helping me to survive my first winter on the homestead.  Your share dollars will be spent on seeds and tilling for the 2013 garden along with basic expenses like electricity and critter feed.  I am profoundly grateful for your support.  As a thank you for signing up, I am offering several sign up gifts.  
  1. CSA members receive a discount on all Wild Vitality services and herbal remedies.
  2. One Free Reiki session per CSA share
  3. 2013 CSA members have the opportunity to request their favorite heirloom varieties if their share is purchased before I order seeds.
I am also offering several early payment incentives on top of your signing gifts.
  • Payment in full before January 1, 2013 entitles you to one free Reiki session per month from January 2013 until June 2013.  This is a $240 value.  
  • Payment in full before February 1, 2013 entitles you to 4 free Reiki sessions between February 2013 and June 2013.  This is a $160 value
  • Payment in full before March 1, 2013 entitles you to 2 free Flower Essence Consultations, a $60 value
I will also be offering egg shares, ala cart meats (rabbit, chicken, turkey), cut flower shares, herbal shares and value added shares if there is interest.

Thank you again for your interest!  Please let me know if you are interested in a share, as I am only offering 6 shares this year.

Heather Luttrell is a Certified Clinical Herbalist, Nutritionist and Reiki Practitioner, also trained in Maya Spiritual Bathing.  Heather weaves the path of a Healer into her Adventures in Self-Sufficiency as she practices mindful, compassionate animal husbandry and land stewardship.  Heather raises rabbits and chickens on her Homestead, in addition to tending a large organic market garden which provides All Things Food and the Defiance Farmers Market with fresh produce such as greens, herbs, root vegetables, melons and squash.  Heather is pleased to offer private consultations as well as CSA share opportunities for the 2013 season.  


 



No comments:

Post a Comment