Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Poultry news

I ordered the meat chickens for the rest of the year and scheduled their processing dates yesterday.  It's all COD, isn't that wonderful?  I'm planning on 2 batches of 25.  They will be available September 3rd and October 15th.  That will be it for meat chickens until next May.  Please let me know how many you think you'll need from each batch as soon as you can, so I can adjust my order if necessary.  I don't want anyone to miss out!

I'm ordering turkeys this week, too!  If you're interested in turkeys, please let me know how many you'd like and if you'd like a bird in the 12-15 pound range or a 30# bird.  I'm picking them up on Friday.  These will be commercial turkeys, but raised on pasture they'll be tastier and have better nutrition.  I may still be getting Bourbon Reds, I'm waiting to hear back from the breeder.  



No comments:

Post a Comment